Wilderness Place Lodge - Poor King Salmon tackle and boats

Tucson, Arizona 4 comments

WildernessPlaceLodge furnishes cheap hooks for King salmon. We lost soooooo many because the BIG Kings straightened the hooks or pulled the hooks off the lure. OFF THE LURE !!! before the line could be broken. WPLodge uses 65# test line. They need 80# for the big Kings. We lost so many because the line broke. Seats in their boats are killers as they are simply bench seats that are so low to the boat's floor, one's knees are placed level to one's waist. NO SWIVEL CHAIRS !!! And as such one is forced to sit for hours in grave discomfort while fishing for Kings. Jason has all kinds of excuses for not having swivel chairs . . . . regardless, we will never go back to WPL because of such inconsiderate boat seating. At least 50% of the boats we saw have seats. Over-all, we went there to catch Kings not to sit in agony, eat fancy dinners, and lose big fish after big fish. So really my rating of WPL is way below average due to Jason's failure to provide the quality of tackle and boat accoutrements that produce Kings.

If you choose WPL, take your own hooks and 80# test line. Gamakatsu hooks are tops http://www.gamakatsu.com/m_salmon.htm. We paid a lot to fish Kings at WPL and lost so many big Kings due to cheap hooks and nackered or insufficient strength line.

WPL will rig a pole for you with your stuff on it and then KEEP it with you every minute you are there. Don't let "your" pole get away. Their lines are so abused you can't be sure they will hold.

Review about: Salmon Fishing Lodge.

Comments

#1120163

Washington, United States #1120162

This is a spam review! To verify, see positive reviews of this special place that my wife and I return to every summer at: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g7352408-d645849-Reviews-Alaska_Fishing_Lodge_Wilderness_Place_Lodge-Petersville_Alaska.html

freebaby1

Hello dear,

my name is sonia. i am interested in your profile and found pleasure to write you as my friend so that we can communicate to each other.plz contact me at (sonia_khalifaa@yahoo.com) so i will send my picture for you to know about me.

fadaka200

Hello,

My name is Macy, I am in seach of a man who understands the meaning of love, as trust and faith in each other. Rather than one who sees love as only a way of fun but a mature man with nice vission of what the world is all about. And after reading your profile here in this site, i took intrest in you so please reply me direct to my box (macykouame@yahoo.com). And i will tell you more about me ok. Thanks and remain bless.

Macy.

Please, distance dose not matter in this afair. And i shall be very greatfull if i see your mail ok. Please contact me direct to my id ok. (macykouame@yahoo.com)

View more comments